RANGE OF EXPERIMENTS TO BE CARRIED OUT:
1. To study all components/Accessories used in Steam Boiler.
2. To determine Boiler Efficiency with & without economizer at different Steam pressure.
3. To determine Equivalent evaporation.
4. To determine the overall and individual film heat transfer coefficients for acondensation of a vapour on a Surface condenser.
5. To Determine Mach Number of Steam Nozzle & Steam Diffuser.
TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION :
This setup consist of Non IBR Boiler of suitable capacity assembled with steam economizer, condenser and water softner. Temperature at different locations are measured by using thermocouple. A pump is provided for circulation of water to the condenser. An entire unit if fixed on frame with necessary steam piping
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT :
Size :8.5 m.(L)x 6.5 m(W) X 3.0m ( H )for boiler
Size :4.0 m.(L)x 2.0 m(W) X 1.5m ( H ) for cooling pond
Weight :Approx. 1500 Kg
SERVICE REQUIRED :
1. Power Supply :440v, AC ,Three Phase , 50HZ
2. Diesel : 200 Ltr.
3. Tap water supply @50 lpm
4. RCC CONSTRUCTION FOR COOLING POND
SCOPE OF DELIVERY:
1. Experimental Setup
2. Instructional Manual