KAPLAN TURBINE TEST RIG
RANGE OF EXPERIMENTS TO BE CARRIED OUT:
1. To Calculate the efficiency of turbine
2. To Calculate the Unit Discharge of turbine
3. To Calculate the Unit Power of turbine
4. To Calculate the Unit Speed of turbine
5. To plot the graph of efficiency v/s Unit Speed
6. To plot the graph of Unit Discharge v/s Unit Speed
7. To plot the graph of Unit Power v/s Unit Speed
TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION :
The unit consist of spiral casing , and outer bearing pedestal and rotor assembaly with runner, shaft and break drum all mounted on suitable sturdy cast iron base plate.. A rope brake arrangement is provided to load the turbine. The input to the turbine can be controlled by adjusting the guide vanes for which hand wheel and suitable link mechanism by pressure and vacuum gauge. The discharge trough the turbine is measured by using venturimeter with differential manometer. Speed of turbine is measured by using tachometer. The entire unit is powder coated with good color combination.
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT :
Size :4 m.(L)x 1.5 m(W) X 2.0m ( H ) ,
Weight :Approx. 350Kg
SERVICE REQUIRED :
440 v Ac Supply Three Phase 50 Hz
Water : 500 ltr
SCOPE OF DELIVERY:
1. Experimental Setup
2. Instructional Manual
Get More Details:- 39-KAPLAN TURBINE TEST RIG
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!